Today marks Day 8 of my 21 Day Sugar Detox – the beginning of Week 2! I have gotten some questions about the detox and how it’s going so I will be sharing a weekly update on this. Here’s Week 1!
Week 1 Update
But here are is a summary of the main things I’m surprised about from Week 1:
- I found I can drink coffee with only half & half (no sweetener) and still love & enjoy it!
- If I’m motivated enough, I can make better lunches for myself rather than gathering randomness to eat.
- Despite eating as much as I wanted of the “Yes” foods and never letting myself feel hungry ever, I lost 2.9 lbs this week!!
A few recipe notes from Week 1…
Here are a few notes about the recipes we tried:
- The mayo was super easy to make, but I used EVOO and it was a bit strong in flavor. Definitely will do something milder next time. I also added salt to it.
- The salmon salad was really, really good! Not something i would have typically made in the past, but I loved it.
- I baked the buffalo chicken egg muffins for 30 min instead of 40 and they were STILL a bit overdone (dark brown). I would recommend starting at 20-25 min and checking them. They tasted awesome though!
- The mexican meatloaf is fantastic in flavor but came back REALLY hard for me with heartburn later. Note to self: Do NOT eat this prior to going for a run. Oh the burn!
- The side dishes of broccoli balsamic salad, cauliflower mashed potatoes, and cauliflower rice were all SO delicious!
- I have to rave about the mustard glazed chicken thighs. We’ve been using this recipe since I got her Practical Paleo book in May and it is, hands down, one of our favorite ones to make.
So now I’m on to Week 2! I’m curious to see where it leads me. If you are doing the detox, leave a comment or send me a message to tell me how its going.
More about the 21 Day Sugar Detox:
Beating Sugar – Doing the Detox
Check out the 21 Day Sugar Detox Book
Check out the 21 Day Sugar Detox Site