I don’t know about you, but I get tired of the same thing over and over for breakfast. I can only eat bacon & eggs so many days in a row. But one thing I do love is a good hash with a mix of all the things I can find in my fridge. That is what inspired today’s recipe – a hungry me and a few random fridge foods. 🙂
This is a great way to start off your day as it’s filled with healthy protein and lots of veggies! I also love that this recipe is easy to
Italian Breakfast Skillet
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add in the carrots & kale, and cook about 5 min more, until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, & basil and simmer a few minutes to heat through.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & serve!